Basecone's looking for a skilled, experienced and passionate Senior Quality Assurance Engineer with excellent skills in automation to join Basecone Team. The ideal candidate has several years of experience with test automation, test strategy and implementing a full-text philosophy and an ambition to raise the bar for developing cutting-edge technologies and solutions that give Basecone and its customers a world-class product. Furthermore, we value the soft skills of the tester as much as the hard skills.
Our perfect tester is eager to learn, curious, creative, social team player with programming experience.
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - C# (preferable) or Java
- Knowledge of testing tools and frameworks like Cypress and Selenium
Experienced in web test automation
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Experience with testing methodologies (Unit, Scrum)
- Ability to design and architect test solutions for various ambiguous quality challenges
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to write complex test scripts that are portable, reusable, and maintainable
- You are familiar with testing the basic Security and authorization issues.
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, and organized
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to review requirements, describe software product features, test plans and product strategy
- Working with cloud architecture and microservices;
What we offer:
- Of course a great salary! We want to build a great team, and we want to get those who are the best at what they do
- Work with a perfect knowledge balanced team, across The Netherlands and Portugal (Knowledge trips included!)
- Experience working for an international company, with a strong focus on the actual IT working methodologies and mentality
- A working environment where your team and manager understands that it’s important to spend time thinking on a solution, rather than rushing into the first one that comes to mind; an environment where re-factoring and rebuilding are seen as sometimes necessary; an environment where the team is the one truly responsible for coming up with a solution, rather than implement one that was imposed
Basecone is part of Wolters Kluwer, a global information, software and consultancy provider with over 19,000 employees worldwide and annual revenues in excess of €4.2b. We have been providing information and advice to lawyers and accountants around the world for over 175 years and are the trusted first point of call for when you have to be right.
Basecone is a vibrant and dynamic place to work. We push boundaries and challenge each other every day. We collaborate across disciplines, trying to achieve that common goal: to develop, launch and maintain state-of-the-art SaaS solutions. Solutions that effectively address real business problems and provide the best customer experience out there. Solutions that you and the team can be proud of at the end of the day.
At Basecone we believe our people are the heart and soul of our company. We value everyone's input and believe in a commonly agreed commitment, rather than an imposed one. We offer a no-nonsense environment, in which professionalism, fun and open communication are key elements.
Interested? Then please don't hesitate to apply online with your resume (in English please!) together with a short summary of your reasons for applying.
Non-English Resumes will not be processed and you must be eligible to work in Portugal.
At Basecone we do our own recruitment, therefore we don't need a response from recruiters. Thanks for understanding.