Basecone is looking for a passionate Software Development Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate has several years of experience with .NET and an ambition to raise the bar for developing cutting-edge technologies and solutions that give Basecone and its customers a world-class product.
- Hands-on software development in .NET (C#)
- Self-managed and motivated
- Ability/Motivation to work in an Agile Scrum team, and to push the team towards the sprint goal
- Ability to coordinate effectively with other team members on User Stories’s shared responsibilities
- Strong opinion and continuous evaluation of new technologies and software products
- You know the difference between a tightly coupled and loosely coupled systems
- Well rounded background in .NET development including work using the .NET MVC Framework, WebApi, Owin, CQRS, Microservices & others
- Experience with public cloud providers Azure & AWS.
- 5+ years hands-on programming experience with server-side web technologies, object oriented or scripting languages as Java, C#, .NET, ASP, and related languages SQL, XML, JSON, XAML, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability. Creatively handle challenges and obstacles, innovating solutions balancing both immediate needs with longer-term ownership and maintenance of application being developed.
- Working knowledge and experience with software development best practices and standards.
What we offer:
- Of course a great salary! We want to build a great team, and we want to get those who are the best at what they do.
- Work with a perfect knowledge balanced team, across The Netherlands and Portugal (knowledge trips included!).
- Experience working for an international company, with a strong focus on the actual IT working methodologies and mentality.
- A working environment where your team and manager understands that it’s important to spend time thinking on a solution, rather than rushing into the first one that comes to mind; an environment where refactoring and rebuilding are seen as sometimes necessary; an environment where the team is the one truly responsible for coming up with a solution, rather than implement one that was imposed.
Basecone is part of Wolters Kluwer, a global information, software and consultancy provider with over 19,000 employees worldwide and annual revenues in excess of €4.2b. We have been providing information and advice to lawyers and accountants around the world for over 175 years and are the trusted first point of call for when you have to be right.
Basecone is a vibrant and dynamic place to work. We push boundaries and challenge each other every day. We collaborate across disciplines, trying to achieve that common goal: to develop, launch and maintain state-of-the-art SaaS solutions. Solutions that effectively address real business problems and provide the best customer experience out there. Solutions that you and the team can be proud of at the end of the day.
Interested? Then please don't hesitate to apply online with your resume (in English please!) together with a short summary of your reasons for applying.
Non-English Resumes will not be processed and you must be eligible to work in Portugal.
At Basecone we do our own recruitment, therefore we don't need a response from recruiters.
Thanks for understanding.